Monday, November 28, 2011

VIDEOS IN CERAMICS EDUCATION

Recently I became a Mentor for the Potters Council, which is an online component to Ceramics Monthly Magazine. My Mentee lives quite a distance from me, yet through the Council's online Mentoring Program, we are able to work together- as teacher and student.

I employ several methods in dealing with my student, for teaching as well as assessment. Most of our contact is through email, yet we have also spoken on the telephone.  Our work began with a submission of photos of her work to me via email as well as a lengthy commentary on the areas in which she wished to work.

We began working together in July of 2011, and during the months that followed, she has built a new studio and began a serious concentration in throwing.  I created a series of Beginning Throwing DVD's for her which formed support as well as motivation for her work. 

Included here is an abbreviated version of a video I produced to supplement my teaching in ceramics.

  BEGINNING THROWING SERIES
      * WEDGING
      * CENTERING
      * THROWING A CYLINDER
      * THROWING AN ANGULAR BOWL PART 1 AND 2
      * THROWING A WIDE BOWL













 





















No comments: